Monday, February 28, 2011

Split Level House

This four-story house in Philadelphia is featured as House of the Month on Architectural Record's website.

The interior is not exactly my style, but I love the exterior design and the fact that it's several stories, split level, and compact. I've been completely enamored by rooftop gardens lately, I love their simple patio--and the wall created by the roof. It looks like it's ground-level. I'd like to see more plants and some creative structural gardening, since this house has such a modern feel it would be very well accompanied by an interesting and visually stimulating array of flora throughout to achieve balance. Even a partial trellis on one part of the wall would create a subtle sense of privacy. Nevertheless, I'd live here... 

No comments:

Post a Comment